What is going to happen? That is the number one question I get when I speak to people who are facing San Diego DUI charges.
Not all San Diego DUIs are alike. Until someone reviews the reports, videos, calibrations, no one can specifically evaluate what may happen in a case.
However, if there are certain facts that can increase the aggravation in a case. The more aggravating the case, the more there is likely punishment to contend with. Contact the Law Offices of Mark Deniz, APLC now to get the ball rolling at 858-751-4384.
Some of these factors are:
- Previous DUI convictions (even those older than 10 years)
- Causing injury to another person
- Collision with another vehicle or other property
- Refusing the chemical test
- Being belligerent with Law enforcement.
- Having a high blood alcohol concentration (above 0.15%) or a combination of drugs and alcohol.
- Having previous criminal history
- Having a child under 14 years old in the vehicle.
- Reckless driving or other “bad driving”
- Driving at a high rate of speed at the time of arrest.
- Committing other criminal acts along with a DUI (like having a suspended license, hit and run, possessing drugs, etc.)
WEIGHING THE FACTS OF THE CASE
When a driver is arrested for DUI, the prosecutor will weigh the facts of the case when deciding how to charge the defendant. The prosecutor will consider the mitigating as well as aggravating circumstances when deciding how to prosecute the individual. For example, if it’s the person’s first DUI and their blood alcohol level was just above the 0.08% legal limit and there was no accident and no one was hurt, these facts will work in the defendant’s favor.
On the other hand, if the driver has a .31% blood alcohol level, with two prior DUIs in his past, these facts will work against the defendant. Contact the Law Offices of Mark Deniz, APLC now to get the ball rolling at 858-751-4384.
If any of these facts appear in your case, you are facing an aggravating San Diego DUI. You want to get working on reducing the punishment and charges right away.
Hire a Proactive, affordable, and quality defense when you are facing San Diego DUI charges. Whether you have been charged of a San Diego DUI, Poway DUI, La Mesa DUI, Santee DUI, Mission Valley DUI, Clairemont DUI, Point Loma DUI, La Jolla DUI, Carmel Valley DUI, Mira Mesa DUI, Pacific Beach DUI, Del Mar DUI, Carmel Valley DUI, Encinitas DUI, Oceanside DUI, Escondido DUI, Vista DUI, San Marcos DUI, Carlsbad DUI, El Cajon DUI it is vital you need to hire an attorney who knows how to defend your rights and can determine if the government can prove their case. Contact the Law Office of Mark Deniz now for a free case evaluation at 858-751-4384.