San Diego Insurance Fraud Defense Lawyer
Insurance fraud has significantly increased in San Diego over the past few years. Most recently, there has been an increase in people falsely claiming damage to their vehicle occurred in the United States, when in fact the damage occurred in Mexico. There are several types of insurance fraud including auto insurance fraud, fire insurance fraud, property insurance fraud, and homeowners’ insurance fraud.
If you have been arrested for an insurance fraud case or are under investigation for an insurance fraud case, then you should contact insurance fraud defense attorney Mark Deniz. Prior to opening the law firm, Attorney Mark Deniz was a Deputy District Attorney for almost 10 years with an intimate knowledge of the various consequences an insurance fraud conviction may cause. Mark Deniz will aggressively defend your case by exploring every angle and argument to ensure you have the best defense possible. Contact the Law Offices of Mark Deniz at 858-751-4384 to get the ball rolling.
California Insurance Code Section 1871 defines insurance fraud as the providing of false information to either their insurance company, or to another person’s insurance company, which results in money or services being provided to which they are not entitled.
Examples of insurance fraud may include the following:
- Claiming that property was damaged in an accident when it was not damaged
- Faking an accident to receive money
- Over stating the damage to property
- Falsely stating that a vehicle was stolen to collect money
- Burning of property to collect insurance money
- Falsifying a personal physical injury to collect money
- Automobile Collision insurance fraud
- Medical insurance fraud
- Life insurance fraud
- Workers’ Compensation insurance fraud
- Fire insurance fraud
- Property insurance fraud
- Healthcare insurance fraud
Different insurance fraud areas are covered as follows:
- California Insurance Code Section 1872.8 defines auto insurance fraud
- Motor Vehicle Theft and Motor Vehicle Insurance Fraud Reporting 1874.2(a)
- Medical Insurance fraud is defined by Penal Code Section S 550(a)(5)
Insurance fraud can be filed as a felony or a misdemeanor. Factors that law enforcement use to determine the level of crime to charge may include the extent of the false information, and the amount of the economic loss.
Prior to opening the Law Offices of Mark Deniz, Attorney Mark Deniz was a deputy district attorney for almost 10 years with an intimate knowledge of the various consequences an insurance fraud conviction may cause. Mark Deniz will aggressively defend your case by exploring every angle and argument to ensure you have the best defense possible. Contact the Law Offices of Mark Deniz at 858-751-4384 to get the ball rolling.